登录    注册    个人中心    ENGLISH
   
国际学术期刊
按分类检索
国际学术期刊
Analysis of Deaths Caused by Pat-Pat Accidents in Turkey
发布时间:2012-6-611:13:41来源:作者:Hüdaverdi Küçüker   

DOI: 
10.1080/15389588.2011.645098
Hüdaverdi Küçükera 

pages 209-211
Available online: 29 Mar 2012

Keywords
Accidental death, Pat-pat, Crush, Injury prevention

Abstract
This study deals with deaths during the period 2004 to 2009 that occurred during the use of a vehicle known as pat-pat, which is an unusual vehicle, similar to a tractor-trailer used in agricultural production and transportation

The records of crime scene investigation and autopsies of 28 cases of death due to pat-pat–related crushes were evaluated. Of all cases, 60.7 percent were drivers and the remaining 39.3% were passengers. The most common cause of death (in 39.3% of cases) was brain–spinal cord injury due to blunt trauma of the head and neck. Implementing legislation regarding safety measures or limitation of the use for transportation should be performed for pat-pats, of which thousands are currently in use.


 

扫描二维码分享本页面